SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 14 June 2015

Let's talk about planting roots, moving and freedom..

This time of year I always feel maxed out.
 
Girl guides is wrapping up and as much as I love those little critters.. - they SERIOUSLY wear a leader out. 

Not to mention it's fundraisers, camp planning, badge ceremony mayhem for these next couple of weeks. 

Also did I mention.. 
Our house is for sale???! 
That's all I can say for now, basically because that's all I know! Hahah it's for sale.. We will see where that leads! 

So that's a whole other dilemma, keep the house in showing condition with 3 cats, a dog and a baby, greattttt. 

And let's just throw into the mix me returning to work in two weeks. 

I can't, I just can't even. 
So the beauty posts have been light lately but bear with me :)) 

Today I'm going to share a tiny little DIY, (I know I've been the DIY queen as of late) seriously though this is beyond easy. 


First, save all these ugly baby milk cans (or any old can!) for a rainy day. 


Second, oh hey these are cute spray paints. (I have a spray paint collection growing, but spray paint! You can use it for everything!)


Third, spray cans. Light dustings so you won't have globs, allow drying time in between until satisfied with colour. 

*tip spray paint really travels! Watch out for clothing and shoes. Do not spray red while wearing crocs... Unless you enjoy being called chicken pox feet. Uh huh!


Where are we at.. Fourth?? 
Bring inside and say to self "Awww these turned out pretty"


Fifth, collect plenty of rocks and stagger them at the bottom of the tins for drainage. 


Six, buy pretty, pretty succulents and transfer into tin pots! 


Seven, sit back and enjoy your beautiful new garden which will surely entice people to buy your house! 

Whooo hoooo someone buy our house so I can have some new blog material!! ;) 

Happy Monday bloggy friends!! XOXO



34 comments :

  1. I am loving those planters!
    We are having the same problem with our house & our two boys. They can be such a mess sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tiara!
      The struggle, we can spend all day making the place shine and 24 hours later it's a disaster zone again.

      Delete
  2. In love with these! So easy but they look amazing! I have a huge spray paint collection too, honestly they're the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes in handy for so many things :))
      Ooooh I might try some sort of spray paint on the glass jars like you did with the tape!

      Delete
  3. How gorgeous! I have a huge spray paint collection, but need to get better at the whole spray painting part! haha! I feel like my projects always come out with some sort of glob on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Brittany!!
      Me too! Sometimes I get impatient and want it finished right away so I spray too thick and it gets all globby! hahaha

      Delete
  4. UM YES! I love gold. I LOVE IT. This would look amazing on my new desk that I am getting in next week. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trisha!
      me too!! old everywhere :)))
      they would be adorable on a desk

      Delete
  5. So pretty! I need more spray paint in my life! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who would have thought. Those turned out super cute and totally affordable. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison!
      Cheap is my middle name heheh
      love a DIY that is inexpensive :)

      Delete
  7. This is a great way to bring a little life inside in the house or the office for someone who's thumb is just a little light green! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly me Mionna!!
      I am working on my inner gardener ;)

      Delete
  8. These are great! So going to make them!
    Don't worry about how crazy life is right now. You can handle it! Sending positive vibes. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ashley!
      you ladies are so encouraging, makes me feel refreshed and inspired :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jasmine!
      and they couldn't be easier :)

      Delete
  10. Aw, I love these! They are adorable! This is making me so excited for when Dustin and I get back into our own apartment in September and I can create our own space!

    xo Chelsie @ Life with Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh you will be there before you know it!
      Cant wait to see how you decorate :)))

      Delete
  11. I love everything about these oh my goodness!! And how easy too, this can be accomplished f during nap time without a problem. Love your lifestyle pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Taylor!!
      Nap time projects are the best :))
      did this and still had time to eat lunch, that's winning in our house!

      Delete
  12. I seriously love the wonder of spray paint. It just makes everything better! :) Also, those cans look extra awesome the way you styled them on the tray. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Justine!
      Spray paint is the band aid of DIYs, it can fix any boo boo ;)

      Delete
  13. Cute planters!! And good luck with all those life changes coming at you at once. We sold our house last year, and keeping everything clean and ready to go at a moment's notice with a toddler...well, let's just say I feel for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nina!
      It is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos as they say! hahahah
      Let me know if you have any tips :)

      Delete
  14. I used to be a girl guide when I was younger! What a great experience.

    Good luck with everything happening in your life! Sounds like an exciting time and I hope everything works out!

    Melanie | I'm Not a Beauty Guru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melanie!
      Crazy busy but so fun :))

      The girl guides are such nuts, they keep me laughing that's for sure! ;)

      Delete
  15. It's a super idea! We often need such cute trinkets for house to make it warm and sincere. Last year my aunt planted tomatoes. She likes planting but lives in small flat on the fifth floor. So she used for a planting coloured buckets. I must say they suited to the interior of her balcony. It was really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you have to put potting soil in the cans also?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want healthy looking plants, yes but mix some original plant soil with potting soil before placing plants in cans...." HAPPY PLANTING "

      Delete
  17. Talking about having a house to clean up after the kids attacked it.....add 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 ferrets and a love bird ( I JUST happened to save from being devoured from 1 of my neighbors cats )...ADD THEM TO THE MIX....UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete