SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 28 May 2015

Lets talk about before and after, bathroom reno addition..

Hi all!!
SOoooo remember like 200 years ago when I told you we were FINALLY getting our creepy bathroom updated a bit!!!??
 
No?...
I can't remember either because its been so dang long since I last mentioned it but here's the proof - Bathroom renos teaser
 
Well Hallelujah I am finally posting about it!
 
Just to recap when we bought this house (4 years ago) there had been a lot of updates, but for some sneaky reason the bathroom was untouched!
Everyone knows bathrooms and kitchens sell houses, come on now.
Well we completely ignored that rule because we bought this place anyway with the hopes of upgrading asap..
 
Asap quickly turns into 3 years later when you start planning a wedding, get married and have a baby popping into the picture. Plus tubs/ showers/ accessories/ labour are EXPENSIVE, jeesh.
 
I'm buying Elliott books now on how to become a plumber/ carpenter so down the road we can put his booty to work! 
In fact my plan is to have enough kids to cover all work trades, that way I will never have to pay a... mechanic, electrician, hair stylist ever again!!
MUahahahah its actually kind of brilliant. (well there may be some flaws in the plan, hey I never said it was perfect its just the plan lol)
 
Ok, lets get this started..
I'm not going to say much I'm just going to let the photos speak for themselves.
Trust me I debated not posting these photos because the tub was pretty darn scary...
 
Newfoundlanders have this weird way of patching things...
They will use anything to patch something.
I am not making this up, multiple houses we looked at when we first moved to Newfoundland had floor tiles used as patchwork.. on walls.. in showers as you're about to witness...
brace yo' self.
 
 

 
^Those brown rectangle's are floor tiles.
 Why are there floor tiles going around my tub???
They don't stick once they get wet, they're meant for dry surfaces...
I guess all the lovely caulking will prevent leaks....
 

 
I'm thinking maybe someone had a little too much ^^^^^
when they decided to make that move..
 
 
When we finally booked the guys to come install our new tub I naively thought it wouldn't be too big of a mess. I mean we have a 1/2 bath so we can use that, life will go on as normal no biggie.
 
WRONG oh so very wrong!
 
 
 

^ At first Elli loved it!!
Yayyy new people new "toys"!


 
Then the banging, drilling, hammering, sawing started....
Nap time = delayed, derailed..
Me = deranged..
 
 
^^^ This time hand me a glass....
 


 
^ The guys were in and out all day (s), it was hard for Elliott to play with his toys so I had to create distractions...

 
^ Oh did I mention I thought the rest of our house would remain untouched...
Ha HA HA ha,

 
^ but then THIS!
Glorious glorious this!!^^^

 
^ I've never seen anything so beautiful...
 

We went showerless for 3 days total, yikes stinky.
The guys who did the installation were so amazing, they did a phenomenal job.
Once they caught onto Elliott schedule they took their breaks during nap time and didn't once mind the golden retriever kisses that greeted them constantly.

The bathroom terrors are now just a distant memory...
Our new tub is the comfiest, coziest, soakiest, most spa like beauty I've ever seen..
but maybe I'm a bit biased ;)

XOXO Blogger girl










39 comments :

  1. Wow, all that hard work paid off. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chastity! I can't believe it's all done :)))

      Delete
  2. WOW, it looks amazing!!!!!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany!! It was a looooong time coming :))

      Delete
  3. Looks so good! I am in the process of some home renovating as well. It can be stressful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Chelsea have you posted pictures?? I love seeing others renos! So stressful but once it's done it feels like the blink of an eye :))

      Delete
  4. You made it!!! I remember when we reno-ed the only bathroom in our house - it was hell!! I was showering at the gym and using the public restroom at the store down the street. So awful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah it's easy to look back and laugh but that is the worst!!! If it went one more day we were heading to the gym for showers too! So happy it's done :))

      Delete
  5. I totally had to laugh at the tiles around the tub!! What in the world were they thinking?!?! But, the new makeover is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolol I know!! Everyone I would show (which was only my family, everyone else I prayed didn't peek behind the curtain if they were in the restroom!) anywho everyone was like what?! Why?! Hahaha too funny. So happy it's a fresh start! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, I needed to see this. Our master bath needs a new tub. We have holes in it where when we were little we knocked over these metal candle holders and they busted it up. We were told you couldn't get the tub in the door so there was nothing that could be done. HOPE! It is a good thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That's what we were scared they would say as well but phew they made it work! There is hope!! fingers crossed for you! Haha
      Thanks for stopping by :)))

      Delete
  7. WOW. That looks so much better. I can't wait to have the bathroom of my dreams in my future house. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jasmine!! Yes!!! As a bath lady this was a loooong time coming :))!

      Delete
  8. So shiny and new! Looks really nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lady!!! We've yet to give the pup a bath but I think she's gonna love it!! Well.. She will tolerate it bahahaha

      Delete
  9. LOL! This is hilarious...especially that GIF of Kris Jenner! HA!!! Love it! What a difference you made in there! Good for you! Home renos are maddening while they are happening but so worth it in the end! xox Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine I was going Kris Jenner gif wild!!! I can't get enough of her!! Hahaha
      Oh it feels soooo good to be soaking in bubble baths again :)

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness, that caulking!!! So glad you've had it done now though, looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After this blog post I NEVER want to look at those photos again! Hahah
      It's all just a distant memory now!
      Thanks for stopping by Annie :)

      Delete
  11. That tub is amazing! We are building up our savings to do a bathroom remodel, because currently we are the proud owners of a blue bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg too funny!!! We grew up with a blue bathroom and I remember my parents slowly renovating... First a shiny new sink, then a white toilet.. Then finalllly a matching tub.
      I watch a lot of decor shows and I've seen people install coloured bathrooms in 2015! I guess it all does come back around ;)

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous! Definitely worth 3 days without showering. Bubble baths every night - I'm jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Nina it's sooo nice soaking in baths again! Bubble baths every night! :))

      Delete
  13. Looks so great! And I have have totally been there with the, "what were the previous owners thinking?!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justine every time someone would use the bathroom I was secretly worrying they would look behind the shower curtain!! No more anxiety!! I feel so free hahaha
      Bubble baths every night! :)

      Delete
  14. So pretty! I remember helping my mom redo the bathroom when I was in high school. I've stayed away from any renovating since then, but would consider going through it all for a bath like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omgosh Brittany you girls are brave!! It is so much work, so happy this is a distant memory! Bubble baths every night :)

      Delete
  15. That looks beautiful! We are currently at a standstill in our master bathroom reno because we can't find someone to do it at a reasonable price. We had a leaky tub so the bathtub was replaced but now we have to fix the drywall and replace the tiles! What a mess! I'm wishing that we would have done what you did and got a tub like yours and not have to deal with any tiles! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They might not be the reason why most people buy a house, but they sure provide a lot of fodder for blog posts! Haha! That being said, bathroom remodeling is a tough job, but it's also a fine time for learning new things. And I really like how your shower and tub turned out after. I’m sure you relished that fact with a nice, long soak afterwards. Anyway, thanks for sharing your bathroom project with us. Cheers!

    Martha Ward @ Son-Rise Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so impressive and nice title of blog. I am always searching such type of Blog that gave some useful knowledge and relax our mind. So Very thanks for design this type of content and what are you thing at time of write. Thanks for sharing views.

    bathroom remodeling Houston & houston remodel companies

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that I've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.

    painting contractor & bathroom remodeling ideas

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it Smile I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    Siding Contractor Lawrenceville & Roofing Contractor Lawrenceville

    ReplyDelete
  20. You gave nice ideas here. I done a research on the issue and learn most peoples will agree with your blog. Certainly, these practices are unfair; but they say that most of their rules are only to apply to people who overdraw.

    Driveway Repair Atlanta & Concrete Contractor Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on this topic. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him. So I should thank you for the free lunch I got.

    Tree Services in portland & Snow Removal Services in Portland

    ReplyDelete
  22. I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you.

    Lawn Care Service‎ Independence MO & Kansas City MO Irrigation Installation Services

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

    Window Installation Atlanta & Roofing Contractors in Atlanta ga

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your site is great source of inspiration for all the people searching for design ideas. The designs are so adorable and easy to adopt.
    Bathroom Remodeling

    ReplyDelete