SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 14 May 2022

5 on Friday!

 It's Friday Thennnnn, its Saturday, Sunday, WHAT??!  😘



This week was cray, cray!

1. I feel like we had appointments every day this week. 

After quite a few months of Nilah & I boppin' around to appointment, after appointment, after appointment we sort of came to a conclusion/non conclusion about her speech delay... She is not on the Autism Spectrum, no sensory, nothing SPD, and maybe not even ADHD but maybe, ADHD.. basically that's just too soon to tell and probably not related to her speech delay either way.

Basically she's just a gal with a speech delay and a very expressive, emotional, empathetic, big ol' personality!! Sounds kind of familiar... huh.. so weird. 💅👻😘

We have seen so many people and my favourite (who I felt was most helpful) of the bunch was Early Intervention https://www.nsecdis.ca, Laura. 

She was very caring and compassionate, she spent a lot of time getting to know us, was super informative and even though Nilah most likely doesn't qualify for any further assistance, Laura is hoping to continue to advocate for her (and us) so that feels great. 

Nilah seemed to stump Laura just as much as she's stumped us and I feel like you can't help but want to "solve" the puzzle of Nilah! Thats how Laura and I kind of discussed it anyway. 

You see this sweet, smart cookie, teeny tiny (over) 2.5 year old girlie who can communicate SO well through almost zero words. 

It's both puzzling and impressive so you can't help but want to engage with her to see where she will go and if once the words come they just don't stop coming or if they continue to form super, duper slow and steady as they have over the last 2 years. 

Every week we do hear Nilah learn new words, even if they aren't clear, as a family we hear them and we celebrate that. 

This week she said water and bucket out of the blue during swimming lessons and it is so exciting to me whenever she says something she hasn't verbally said before.

She also communicated to me this afternoon by rapidly blinking and pointing to her eyes and then pointing to my eyes, that she wanted me to close my eyes.

Then she held out her hands and pointed to my hands to indicate she wanted me to close my eyes and hold out my hands so she could give me a gift just as Noelle had done a few minutes prior.

She acts out everything in such great detail and we usually know what she wants but it takes great effort from her to act out these scenes and its a game of charades where we get some of her words but not all so we have to keep trying to guess and its just quite taxing. 

My wish is that those words start to tumble out and my sweet little girlie can begin to relax a bit. 

I'll welcome the additional voice into the Clarke sibling wars.. aka the source of my daily headache.. hahaha



2. No Spend May though?!?!??! 

We have spent way too much on groceries this week, we have spent way too much on going out last month so I am all about chilling and grilling at home these next couple of weeks!

We haven't purchased anything for a week now. 

 I even stood in line at our local Tims... I did get my hair done (sorry but that was booked in advance lol) and I was starving afterwards... I went into Superstore to pick up a prescription and I desperately wanted an ice coffee, I found myself standing in queue but I hopped out of it before ordering and I said to myself 

 "Make it at home Bish" 

Say it with me now 👏💪


We are going to the Avril Lavigne concert this month and we're going to Sensea Spa.. 

I KNOW. gahh 

We have been cooped up for so longgggggg.

I feel like Nick and I are eager to live a little, ya know?! 

So I'm looking forward to both those things but I am trying to shop my closet and find something fun to wear to Avril, I have this feeling like I must go all out Sk8er Boi style.. maybe that's the high school emo in me. 

I will try and make some fun reels of me shopping my closet and finding the perfect look, stay tuned. 


3. I'm going to show you my nails.. I do not love my nails, they've always been brittle, they actually split like, peel.. IYKYK.

& I have been getting worse at picking, I can't explain it, I tried explaining on Insta but it sounded nasty so I deleted the stories lololol 

As it turns out this compulsive feeling can be a huge thing amongst us ADHD crew so that actually made me feel better about myself, I am not alone in this awful habit. 😂

One of the things that can help is getting your nails done and on schedule, but something else about having ADHD.. is that I never book appointments on time! 😭



This is 2 weeks grow out after I having a beautiful mani at Embrace Spa. 

The colour is Beckoning Begonia and it is so gorgeous, the perfect pale purple with a tiny bit of shimmer.

I am going to book another mani stat (I know no spend 😅 but that's more about purchasing food and clothes all while having loads of food and clothes at home).

 I did grab some Colour Street from my friend Stephanie and I will link her group here Stephs Clean living Group Click here

The good news is that I haven't been tempted to peel my nails since getting this shellac mani and I would say this is the longest and strongest they have been in a long time! 

Don't judge me because I already know my cuticles are the worst ever and my nail beds suck! 

Just call me Karen 😉



4. TV TV BAY-BEE

We love tv, obsessed, 80's baby, 90's child. 


The Staircase on HBO is good. Definitely worth a watch if you're familiar with the story. 

If you're not familiar, I suggest you start with the documentary on Netflix, its about 4 years old now and this HBO show almost seems like the Netflix doc refilmed with well known actors in place of the real people. 

Colin F is AMAZING at recreating the vibe of Michael Peterson. 

Colin is just an amazing actor, very impressed. 

And I am Toni Collettes biggest fan, she is incredible and if you haven't watched The United States of Tara.. well boy, buckle up and head all the way back to 2009 and start there. 




The Girl from Plainville on HULU is also very well done and worth a watch. 

Watch it just for Elle Fanning. 
She is an unreal actress and seems like she's doing it with so little effort! 
She must have prepared like crazy but seems so casual and looks EXACTLY like Michelle imo.

I have to go watch everything else she's ever done because if its half as good as her acting in this one.. 
I will be a satisfied viewer.




5. 

Trash Monday is starting up in 2 days!! Hopefully... weather pending!
Its been a rainy spring and that's really held me back from Trash diving
but the temp is rising and hopefully I will be out and about searching in peoples garbage for some gems!!

This little stool was from the very start of my Trash Monday series, which started over 2 years ago!!
Been trash hunting for many, many years before that but now it has a name! lol

2 years!!!!
Whoa baby!!!!

I know many of us have been together almost as far back at 8 years now and I just wanted to say 
THANKYOU for hanging out with me and growing with my fam jam!

I have been really struggling to find myself again, putting my family first but also finding time to do some things I enjoy and of course share it with you all 💗

I want you to know how much you mean to me and how much I enjoy this blog world and connecting with everyone.  Thanks so much for being here! 


Have a Great week 💝








1 comment :

  1. I loved catching up on your life Holly! You’re a great writer ♥️
    Michele xo
    Uncluttered House

    ReplyDelete