SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 3 February 2018

Simple Super Bowl Party Rice...

It's almost time guys!!!
The biggest day of the year!!!

SUPPPPPPPPPPPPPER BOWLLLLLLLLLLLLL SUNNNNNNNNNNNNDAY!!!

super bowl, super bowl rice, super bowl foods, super bowl Sunday

You know I am kidding.
I married a man with almost zero sport fan tendencies on purpose people.
I was looking for someone who liked sports but didn't invest too much of life into sports so I would never have to sit and stare at people chasing things on the tv screen. (golf balls, basketballs, baseballs,  footballs, hockey pucks, tennis balls, so many balls! So much chasing! why?!?!?)

We won't be watching the Superbowl.
Actually, that's a lie, we will be watching the halftime show, the halftime show I can get behind and snacks!

I live for food and celebrities so I decided to make a last minute Superbowl post and milk this very pinnable image for Pinterest.

super bowl, super bowl rice, super bowl foods, super bowl Sunday

A few weeks ago I made the bacon wrapped water chestnuts (you can find that post by clicking here) and had some extra water chestnuts so I made my favourite rice recipe.

Everyone was interested in the recipe but Nick finished off the rice before I could photograph it so I made it AGAIN this week. It is really good and so easy so I'm not mad about having it twice!

I've been making this rice for years, it's almost foolproof, stick to the basic bones but make it your own!

Let me know what you add so I can test it out too.
Enjoy!





BASIC BROWN RICE WITH WATER CHESTNUTS

- 2 cups Uncle Bens converted rice
- 3 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/3 cup corn oil (I have substituted veg oil)
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 can of mushrooms (I prefer fresh but I am all about organic living ;)) (JK) (but yes either works)
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts (I've used whole too but I love the crunch! you could even slice the whole if you feel ambitious)

Here is where you can get wild!
Sometimes I add cooked chicken, roast beef, steak, ground beef, literally any cooked meat would be fine.

Mix all together in a casserole dish and bake on 325 for 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes.




This covered dish in the background is what I use, I keep the cover on and stir once just to check on it. This dish was given to me from my mom years ago but any covered casserole dish should be fine and if you don't have one with a cover, try tinfoil. 



And that's it!
It keeps really well and is a great addition to snack food or meal time.
(also so easy for potlucks!)

Further pictures just for cuteness.
Enjoy game day!








Post a Comment