SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 13 December 2022

5 on Friday - Lumps, Bumps and a Happy New Year!

 It's not Friday but I have 3 seconds and I've missed you all so00 much and these 5 on Friday posts! Let's catch up as quick as we can, shall we!? 

I'm sure so many people get this feeling but it's super prevalent in the content community.. the feeling as if you can't/won't/don't feel like sharing something until things are 100% in order/complete but the problem is that along with being a content creator we are real people who's projects usually take just as long as other real peoples projects! 🤣 

I wish things happened as quickly as social media sometimes can make it seem but in reality we have had so much on the go for so many months now, I kind of forget what I've already shared and I've fallen so far behind I don't know where to begin!

Let's start with the PTO!

This is our schools first real year back hosting events and fundraising money.

I volunteered for President of the PTO this year and got it but holy moly I underestimated the commitment 😂

I also didn't want to give up my other volunteer commitments in the case that I didn't get PTO President so I definitely will have to make some choices next year and maybe drop a few things off my plate but everything I do I absolutely love, love, love with my whole heart! 

I feel so thankful for my community and the people I've met along the way.  I don't know how to express it because I am so awkward and uncomfortable with feelings, I always think people will consider me as being disingenuous but I truly feel blessed to have such an incredible community and neighbourhood/friends/atmosphere.

We have hosted 4 major, major fundraisers in 2022 and honestly by the skin of our teeth (there's been a lot of learning!)... but WE DID IT! Today was the final one and I feel so much joy for how well this year has gone, I almost feel lost not having a MAJOR PTO event on the calendar for the next few weeks! hahah


I will touch more on these in the New Year! 💝




OUR HOUSE RENOS!


How did we end up here!? I am not sure.. it kind of took on a life of its own! hahaha

Nick and I started to really confirm the thought that this would be our forever home a couple of years ago. 

So much in life is unpredictable and the kids were so young when we moved in we didn't know what the future would hold but after really planting roots with friends and the community here we just knew we could never leave. And we LOVE our house itself! We did not build it but there is almost nothing we would change, I truly believe it was meant to be our house but that's a story for another day. 

So we decided to go all in! Make it really function for our family with some extra space we were craving and well one thing leads to another and now we have the most gorgeous finished basement and some beautiful new builtins in the upstairs living room. We are painting the whole main level, which also is connected to the upstairs hallways and because the walls were being painted well we better do the trim or it will look dingy... oh well the ceilings are being done so we better move that light fixture that was always off centre...


You see where I am going with this lol We are in DEEP!

We started back in the summer and we're on the home stretch. 

Here is a sneak peek but this is all you're getting for now! You'll have to wait for that magic social media reveal. 


The Breast Rash. 


There is too much to unpack here but this is such an important topic and has consumed my life for about 5 months now so I am not stopping the boob talk after this is all resolved. 

Yesterday I had a punch biopsy on my breast and if you've ever wondered what that looks like I am about to show you the photo.. hold onto your socks. 


This is me 34 hours after biopsy. 
It did not hurt, I was frozen. 
It is swollen, itchy and a bit sore now.
I have dissolvable stitches because the other option would have to be removed on Christmas and who wants that Christmas present?!?!

It will leave a scar, I hope its not too bad but I know I will always look at that scar with admiration.

To me this scar is a reminder that life is precious and that I am one of the lucky ones (hopefully... results won't be in until possibly February)

& that when I felt something wasn't right I went after answers, advocated for myself & what my body was telling me.

 I am really proud of myself for always speaking up for things I believe in, even when people find it annoying  😂  I can't give up until I am satisfied with the answer.. its mildly obnoxious.. but I will also put my money where my mouth is and do the damn thing! So a after a bunch of Doctors appointments, here we are! Will let you know what the results are when they do come back. 



I am so thankful for friends like Incandescent for keeping me in front of the camera these last few months.
It's felt so amazing to be creative, especially with fashion and beauty and bodies 💗



I am so looking forward to 2023 and getting back into creation and catching up with all of you!
Whats new? What's the hot goss? What's the 411? Let me know! Hope you're all well! 



@shopincandescent

RESTOCK ALERT! This gorgeous gorgeous dress in being restocked in sizes L to 3X....do not miss out on your chance to get her!!!

♬ original sound - Incandescent

1 comment :

  1. I had NO idea what a punch biopsy was! I'm so glad you advocated for yourself. And yay for the home reno projects!

    ReplyDelete