SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 29 April 2022

5 on Friday!

 It's Friday yeah, its Saturday, Sunday... 

Monday again already?!?! HOW?!?!? hahaha

Did I not *just* publish last weeks 5onF ??? I haven't even followed up on comments and here I am posting again! I think the only way for me to form this habit again is to make it happen, so here I am sitting on the couch with Nilah while she cuddles into me watching Paw Patrol. 

I first tried to get her to play independently, which is a huge no go for Nilah Baby.

Never have a had a child so addicted to me but also annoyed by me hahah. 

So then I tried Cosmic Kids Yoga in the background to see if she would get into it but no luck, she loves it and if Noelle was here it would be a good distraction but she wants me to do it with her and I just need a sec to push this out then I'll Yoga it up. 


1. This week has been a whirlwind and I could definitely use some Yoga!!

We had a meeting with Early Intervention for Nilah as she's still not talking a whole lot, she's about 6 months to a year delayed in Speech which pretty much means she has a dozen or so actual words but the rest of her communication is acting out scenes like we in a game of charades all day everyday haha

Everyone who comes into contact with her is blown away with how well she communicates without language and it is amazing but its also incredibly taxing on Nick and I so I would love to get her moving forward with whatever services she can get at this time. 

Next week we have a hearing test as she hasn't been tested for hearing since a baby and if she's not properly hearing that could be a huge reason as to why she hasn't developed speech, what if she's hearing muffles?? So that's our first (actually like 1000th bc I've been running around town like crazy setting up all these things then getting bumped to the next person but who's counting?! 😜)  appointment. 



I saw this online and it reminded me of us. hahahaha



2. Noellies Dance Competition last weekend!!! It was an amazing time and she did incredible! This was her first big performance in front of a large audience and I was so impressed by her and all the dancers. 

I drive myself crazy with the kids sports and crazy schedules but I just love seeing them do their thing, having fun, spending time with friends. I am definitely a crying mom and I NEVER would have thought I would be but it's so moving to see them work together, & support each other. When you watch children do something they love it really does make you forget all the pettiness going on in the outside world and it makes me feel so hopeful and excited for the future! They all did wonderful and our entire Dance School did a Star Wars performance with 75 people involved.. it was unbelievable! 😍




We stayed at the Prince George Hotel after that as we had Mooseheads Tickets, whoo whooo. 
We had the tickets for the final home game of the season for quite some time but it was a last minute decision to stay at the hotel and it did not disappoint! Talk about a fun time.

We had planned to take Nilah with us and she had her ticket etc but we ended up sending her home with my parents after the Dance comp because she was exhausted. 

Oh, I should mention we were at the Dance competition from 7am to 2:30 hahah so everyone was tired and I am SHOOK that the older kids were still going with the energy they were going with. 

We went straight from Dance to the hotel to drop stuff off, to the game which was AMAZING. 
The Moose won 5-3 and it was intense the entire game with the final 2 scores making it into the final minutes.. & seconds of the 3rd period. 

Then we came back and swam at the hotel for hours and again 2 more times in the morning! We are water babies and the pool at the Prince George is awesome because it has an attached hot tub.





3. Tippy Tips for crazy lives!

I am a super packer!! LOOOOVE packing and organizing, getting ready for some time away. 

Snacks, snacks, snacks, I try to get some fun or different snacks for the kiddos for different occasions, think Birthday flavoured Gold Fish crackers... ooooh awwwwhhh . 😂

Water, water, I purchased 2 flats of water bottles because I know we will need it. 

I packed each of the kids a special treat bag. My mom gifted them each these little bags with their names on them a couple of years ago and I filled them with some small toys from the thrift store ( you definitely do not have to buy more things but digging through the toys you have and pulling out some items that have fallen off the kids radar for a while is another way to make old feel new again!). 

For Elliott I always pack a book and a deck of cards, I also found an EYE SPY style Diney card game at Walmart for $7 and I thought it would be fun for travel. 

Noelle and Nilah lose their minds for any Dollies and barbies so $2.99 grab bag from Value Village made their entire weekend.




OOOOOH a seam ripper is a AWESOME tool to keep on hand for easy plastic hair elastic removal!
Removing hair elastics between dance sets or removing hair elastics from wet pool hair. 

You have to use the seam ripper hack! I actually put our name label on this one because I can't lose this baby! 😂

4. I grabbed myself a Mani Pedi yesterday!
I had an appointment at a local in home salon but we miscommunicated and it was postponed so I ended up calling around on a whim and got into Embrace Spa which I had not been to in years but was always a favourite of mine and is also where I went to get my Wedding Day Mani Pedi :)

I also applied a Self tanner last night and haven't showered yet so I am quite golden. 

5. I've been using and testing lots of makeup!!

Grabbed this super hyped Elf Camo CC cream and my first impression.. I am not blown away. 
it was ok, definitely that slippery CC cream and will slide all over your face, not cover intense things like breakouts or rosacea (no biggie that's normal for a CC cream) but it was just ok.

I will continue to use and report back! 
I might be the perfect coverage for light makeup summer days but for me it wasn't It Cosmetics CC cream level of goodness. 






Okie doke, that's it for now, will chat soon!

Have a GREAT WEEKEND muah muah 😘

Post a Comment