SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 5 April 2018

NSFW: Adult Podcast Recommendations...

A few months ago I asked for some podcast recommendations, I was overwhelmed with so many great suggestions that I had to start right away and tick off the list!

So far I've stuck to similar themes, that's just who I am: I love reality tv, so no surprise 2-3 of the podcasts are bachelor run/celebrity-heavy.

It is interesting because although they're similar themes they're also all so different because the host truly sets the tone for the show. I love podcasts because it feels like real people are behind them, they haven't yet fallen into the 'perfectionism' trap of blogging.

I find myself replying out loud to them sometimes and that's half the fun!
For now, you're allowed to be a bit non PC, make bad jokes, speak your mind.

I've listened to all of these and I like some better than others so I'll note which are my favs and which may offend you more than others down below! >>>>

podcast recommendations for adults



1. Off The Vine Kaitlyn Bristowe

This is my favourite of the bunch!

Obviously, Kaitlyn Bristowe was the Bachelorette. She's Canadian, she's sassy, classy, trashy and wine glassy. I love her fiance Shawn B, I love them together especially, and I love their dog Tucker doodle.

She has celebrity guests, psychic mediums, reality tv stars, shes even gone to Chris Harrison's house and had a 2 on one date part-er with him!

It's easy listening, sometimes jaw-dropping, a teeny little bit offensive but mainly fun, laughing, girls night vibes.

I love her confession booth where people admit to embarrassing things.

For me, 4.9/5 stars*




2. The Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous Podcast

A less good version of Off The Vine, Ben and Ashley I's podcast is great for bachelor nation fans.

I am dedicated to Off The Vine and listen to every episode but this one I listen to based off of the guest list. They talk a lot of reality tv and have had a lot of the girls from Aries season of Bachelor.

Ashley I's voice goes right through me sometimes, no shade to her I still find her interesting! Just that voice... once and a while it can be a little nails on the chalkboard-y (in the nicest way possible! loling)

3/5 stars*

adult podcasts
3. The Lady Gang

This one is mean girl-y but addictive! Nothing is off limits, don't ask me about the kit kat bar!

Becca Tobin played Kitty on Glee and that's what prompted me to start listening. Mainly I listen just to disagree with whatever they say because one-minute they're promoting women empowering women and the next they tear some girl a new one.

but isn't that the gossip-y juice we all crave once and a while?
Easy listening while cleaning out your closet kind of podcast.

3.5/5 stars*



4. The Heart of it with Estée Lalonde

I've followed Essie Button from the start (may her and Aslans relationship RIP) (< I had to do that, I am in a weird mood) and what I love about her podcast is the variety.

I like that one-day shes talking about her mom, the next travel, feminism, beauty, strength, identity,
it keeps it interesting. I almost never agree with what she says but I appreciate seeing things from another perspective.

Its a more serious vibe but still light feeling.
If anything, I would love to hear her just interview more, it doesn't have to be hard hitting.
Just to sit down with her mom, grandmother, blog friends etc and ask about their lives, thoughts on particalur things, childhood quirks. I dont know what it is but hearing 'dull' stories from random average people intrique me.

4/5 stars*




5. Sex with Emily

So you've felt a void since the Sunday Night Sex Show took hiatus?
You miss Sue and have questions?
Have no fear, Emily is here!

This is the perfect podcast to play while washing dishes, half tuning out....only to be slapped back to reality with a "WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY?"

I won't go deeper than that.
The title says it all.

4/5 stars*



6. Serial

I love true crime.
I have watched every OWN network, A&E, TLC crime story known to man so I knew I would love this tale of high school sweethearts gone wrong.

This is a real-life story where a woman is murdered and a man is currently serving time on her death, but did he do it?

Listen to this podcast and decide for yourself!
I don't want to ruin anything for you but I have to say they're reopening this case and I believe a new trial is being held in the not too distant future so you should listen asap so we can keep up with the latest developments.

4.5 stars* (really keeps you on your toes)





7. Dirty John

Another true crime.
I am only 2 episodes in but I love that they have a variety of voices chiming in on this story. We get to hear from parties involved, with their thoughts and memories. It's extremely captivating and infuriating because COME ON DEBRA you deserve better!

I can't wait to see where this goes and then google the heck out of Dirty John! It's taking all my willpower not to research the story and ruin it for myself.

4/5 stars*

And that's it for now!
I still have at least 30 recommendations I am hoping to get through over the coming months and will keep you posted.

I would also LOVE to start a podcast.
It's definitely not on the top of my to-do list because I couldn't fit it in even if I wanted but it's a faint idea that maybe I can nurture down the road.

Something I have always been told about my influencer status is that I have to commit to a 'niche'. But I am un-nichey, I cannot limit myself to one thing.

If I ever start a podcast I feel like it will be a little bit 'The Heart of It' semi-serious topics and a large part 'Off The Vine' fun, jokes, reality tv, psychic mediums.


Let me know your favs! I will adjust my list to get to them asap.

1 comment :

  1. I need something new while driving. These are great suggestions!

    ReplyDelete