SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 14 March 2020

I am feeling fragile right now.

January was alright.
Full of those new year hopes and dreams.
Motivated and energetic, I was ready to take on the world!

February was meh.
Not as shiny and new as January was.
I was starting to fall behind on things.
Hmm, it seems hopes and dreams not off to a great start.

March.
Well, March is just a real B*#$^ isn't she?



I was feeling blue anyway.
In fact, I was plotting this post and going to name it something like:

I'm 33 years old and still don't fit in. 

Who knew the cool kids table would show up in adulthood?

She doesn't even go here! - and other mean girls quotes that fit my life.



I promise this isn't a pity party post, it's more "this blog is my outlet" kinda thing.




March has felt crummy in all the ways.

Its been a year since Nicks dad passed.

Business in blog land has hit a lull after blowing up my blog-confidence, September 2019-January 2020.

In fact, I've just felt small in blog land this month.
Like a child pretending to adult.
I feel like whenever I try to express things about blogging people scoff behind the scenes.
Like, "what an idiot question"
or "why is she doing that?"

I know my bloggy friends are going to say that's not true ^

But entrepreneur doubt vs. entrepreneur ego is tough.
You almost have to pretend to have it all together (or maybe people really do have it all together, I dunno) to make this lifestyle work but I don't have it all together and I don't want to pretend to.

So when people advise me on how to navigate this business I push back, rebel.

Me: "that way may have worked well for you but I am not comfortable doing it that way."
Blog professionals: "idiot. amateur."

^ This conversation is fabricated but its what I sometimes feel is happening bts.

It's not that I don't have the confidence it's that I want to do it my own way.
Everyone has a different definition of "success".
Usually, success being money or power.

And I want those things but I want them on my terms.

I want to talk about where I am, where I am going and what my definition of success looks like but it makes me feel small and unknowledgeable when people who have reached "success" see my questions, feelings, and thoughts.

I'm the weird middle child blogger.

Speaking of the middle...

I went to a business meeting, it was plus size fashion-based. It went great/fine but I left feeling like I usually do...

I'm not really plus size enough to be respected as plus size but oh, hey, regular sizes don't want me either. #storyofmylife.

Nilah hasn't been sleeping great.

Potty training Noelle is tiring.

I am failing my health and fitness goals.

I am failing at my no-spend/ low spend.

(those last 2 I feel worse about for failing you guys! I have always been a roller coaster of healthy living/spending but I hate saying I will do something and then immediately falling off the course.)

There's not enough time in the day.

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

It's all the same old song and dance.

We all have these issues or our own problems, personal struggles we deal with on the daily.

I know we do because I have loads of friends going through trying times.

Some things are worse than my issues, some things are lesser, a lot of people don't like to talk about the weight they're carrying but that doesn't mean they don't deal with that strain privately.



Sometimes the biggest smile is used to mask the most pain, right?

That's what I do.
I hate focusing on the bad.
It stresses me out even more.
I like to break down and then get up and keep going.
Putting the day to day laughs on Instagram and leaving the ugly nights in the privacy of my own home.



That works for me.
And I enjoy being a comedian, an entertainer.
But, I'm not tough enough to use humor 100% as my shield.
No, no, I have this stupid 'ol empathy holding me back.

You know what I mean?
You have to have thick skin to make it in comedy.
Especially as a female.

Not plus size enough but not regular size.
Not asshole funny but not dull.
Not working mom enough but not stay at home.
Not pretty enough but not hideous.
Not smart enough but not dumb.

Not, Not, Not, Not.


I've been feeling so not enough lately.




And then...

 BRING ON THE CORONAVIRUS. 

Now I get to feel stressed and scared and overwhelmed about a whole new thing on top of my other things.



And watch it all unfold in the media and get all strained and awkward on social platforms.

Talked about CO-VID 19 too much.
Didn't talk about it enough.
Shared meme.
Doesn't think memes are funny.
Bought too much toilet paper.
Didn't buy toilet paper.
Shares photos of empty aisles.
Complains about people sharing photos of empty aisles.
Leaves house.
Doesn't leave the house.


It's all just a bit too much for me.
I'm tired and scared and anxious.

I am feeling very fragile. 


And I bet a lot of you are too.

I don't really know how to end this post because no matter what I say it feels cheesy:
Spread positivity!
Lets all support one another!

But I do hope you're all safe.
Full bellies, Netflix on repeat, maybe a book in hand or tea brewing.

Do what makes you feel safe and cozy.

This is a reminder to check on my friends more, maybe send some happy mail or a quick text.
Share more of my blog friends' work so they know they're doing awesome.
Call my Nanny.
Play some board games with the kids.
Give Nick a little squeeze.
Rest and recharge.





17 comments :

  1. Oh Holly!
    This 100% me and so many others I know right now.
    I usually feel it this of year, but this year seems a bit strange.
    You are my favorite blogger by far, and for this I thank you!
    Much love girl!
    You are ENOUGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, thank you for being so honest and vulnerable. I'm sure it will resonate with so many people. We all have to navigate our own struggles so all you can do is be gentle with yourself along the way. In the meantime, know that you have SO many people who think you're a hilarious, brilliant, competent, and beautiful soul. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jillian Harris never says all or nothing when it comes to eating plant based. You do come off obsessed with Jillian Harris. Stop being so thirsty for her acknowledgement. No wonder she voted for you not to share you making her recipes publicly,she is probably tired of your ass tagging her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really sorry this post even came with a rude comment - I love you being vulnerable and sharing how you feel. I always think if we were closer in provinces, we would totally be friends - we have kids the same age, watch the same shows and same interests, so I think you're adorable. I thanks for being true - life isn't always easy and I appreciate you being open! (I always enjoy your content!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very honest and open post. It is a very fragile time for a lot of people as you said but each of us deals with things in our own way. I loved reading you post and knowing that I'm not alone in feeling this way, but it also really sucks knowing so many people are hurting right now. This has been a tough 5 months for our wonderful little province (I'm a fellow Nova Scotian) and we need to grieve and support each other. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noelle is a terror! Lol. I feel so bad for you dealing with her. Her behavior def ain’t cute, neither is the binky! I hope my kids don’t act like her! ���� Hope
    You can get a handle on things. Thinking of you, girlie! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am here to appreciate Dr Ogudugu for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. since 3 years now I have been living with this virus and it has been giving me challenges, I was so perplexed cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one .morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr Ogudugu curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr Ogudugu on his email: greatogudugu@gmail.com, i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine for me and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, why don’t you contact him today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor. contact him via email; greatogudugu@gmail.com or whatsApp him on +2348063739701!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. organization name

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. catchy business name ideas

    ReplyDelete
  11. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. clothing lines ideas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find so many useful info here in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. unique business names

    ReplyDelete
  13. Attractive, post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have liked browsing your blog posts. After all, I will surely subscribe to your feed, and I hope you will write again soon! techwear-x.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. unique company name

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck. creative brand names

    ReplyDelete
  16. This article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention. company name ideas

    ReplyDelete
  17. "I Am Feeling Fragile Right Now" is vulnerable expression that resonates with the complexitie emotions of human. Latest Technology In Cybercrime Prevention It reminds us of the importance of self-care, empathy, and understanding during times of vulnerability.

    ReplyDelete