SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 28 February 2020

Replacing a vintage mirror..




I remember when I was super young, 7,8,9 years old and playing in front of my Nannys makeup vanity.

I always hoped someday it would be mine but having a large family I was highly doubtful it would trickle down to me, the middle of the pack grandchild.

When my Nanny passed away in 2012 somehow it did get offered to me!
I was living in Newfoundland but I snatched the opportunity and would end up storing it at my other grandparent's house for a couple of years before we moved back to Nova Scotia and I moved it into our new home.

Unfortunately, when my uncles were carrying the vanity downstairs the large middle mirror cracked in half.



(see the background for empty mirror space ^^^^)

So 4 years after being on display and 7 years after my Nanny passed, I am finally replacing that middle mirror!

As much as I love projects... especially DIY, I hateeeee complications.



The way that this mirror was inserted seemed too complex for me so I ignored it for a long time but cleaning up our room and having it look incomplete started to annoy me, so I brainstormed.

It looked like we might have to remove that top lip and slide a mirror in but I don't want to tear it all apart and not be able to get it back together.

This set is very, very old, I should have looked for a date on it before writing this post... But the back of it is all sealed with wood paneling and paper.

To tear it all apart would be a disaster.




I looked at the mirror space and asked myself,
"what if I use command strips to stick a mirror in there and fake the look of custom?"



CLICK HERE TO VIEW OR BUY COMMAND STRIPS ON AMAZON




So that's what I did!

I called a couple of mirror places and this spot - Pars Glass Burnside click here
seemed as good as any.

I gave them the dimensions and they cut it for under $35.

I went and picked it up but before I was able to hang it with command strips Nick put it in with Gorilla tape!



YUP.
This $7.99 tape lol

Click here for Gorilla Tape - Amazon

Was I super thankful he hung the mirror? - yes.

Was I also like, well I wanted to use command strips because they're thicker and would have given the mirror a more flush custom look as it would have matched the frame in depth.

Also, yes.

But es ok.
es ok.

All that matters is how amazing it looks!
And how after 7 years all it cost me was $40 and 10 mins.



Also hung my Jilly Box print and it looks amazinggggg.

I just checked online to see if you could purchase it but it seems you cannot.
Since this was a JillyxKaitlin Hargreaves exclusive I know they only made 10,000 copies.

But if you're interested  I will link Kaitlin's website and she does custom work.

Click Here for Kaitlins website!

I had actually looked into getting my sister a custom pet portrait for Christmas but they start at $325 and my sister has 2 dogs... LOL.










1 comment :

  1. Am here to appreciate Dr Ogudugu for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. since 3 years now I have been living with this virus and it has been giving me challenges, I was so perplexed cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one .morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr Ogudugu curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr Ogudugu on his email: greatogudugu@gmail.com, i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine for me and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, why don’t you contact him today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor. contact him via email; greatogudugu@gmail.com or whatsApp him on +2348063739701!!

    ReplyDelete