SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 13 August 2019

Underused but not unknown names for baby girl...

I've been thinking of names my whole life, whether I would be a baby momma, dog mom, cat mom, fish mom, I knew I would eventually be naming something!

The names have changed a bit over the years but for at least 10 years I had my girls' names set as Noelle and Charlotte.

I mean, for years and years and years these were in my brain...
Then came the Royal Baby #2!

Princess Charlotte of Cambridge

Came in and spread the good Charlotte name like wildfire.. (Good Charlotte.. 15-year-old me flashback LOL)

I knew then and there my plans had to change. 

I love names that are known but not overused, names that have been heard of but not caught onto the trending list... yet.

Now, no one take offence to this!
Charlotte is a gorgeous name!
I think tons of the top names on the trending lists are!

Olivia, Sophia, Emma.
All considered and adorable.

But I am stubborn and determined to find that sweet middle spot.

Don't DM me about Elliott and Noelle, I know they're not groundbreaking in any capacity but I feel like we did get them both named just in the knick of time!

Elliott and Noelle are starting to rise on the list so hopefully, they will go to school with name twins but not be in the same grade as them LOL

*I was going to name my firstborn Elliott whether we had a boy or a girl, that would've been pretty special in 2014 but since then Elliott has risen in popularity for girls. 

Onto the list!
(in no particular order)




1. McKinley (this is Nicks grandmothers maiden name, a big contender on all our kids' name lists)

2. Eden (I LOVE E & N names)

3. Jupiter (Nick loves space)

4. Willow (we love Buffy but its trending now)

5. Drew (I love Barrymore)

6. Rowen

7. Tatum

8. Bryn

9. Noah

10. Halle

11. Malia (Nick and I both googled strong women and wanted to name her Michelle for Obama but its too common so we turned to their kids)

12. Veronica (Nick wants this, I like it but I don't feel it goes with Elliott & Noelle)

13. Juliette or Julianna

14. Nellie (but Noelle is nicknamed Nellie at daycare)

15. Brielle

16. Luelle/Luella

17. Ivy

18. Joy (goes with our Christmas theme!)

19. Wrenn

20. Blayke/Blake (I want this, Nick does not)

21. Blair (same as above)

22. Nora/Norah

23. Poppy

24. Andie

25. Tess/Tessa (this is one of my favourites, Nick doesn't agree)

26. Nyree (Nyree if you read this, its because I met you at Sunnyside Mall! :))

27. Nova/Novalee

28. Navy

29. Naomi (but then she would be Naomi Clark from 90201 LOL)

30. Neve (I LOVE N NAMES. Most underused names imo.)

31. Billie (my childhood dog)

32. Shirley

33. Jessie

34. Evelyn

35. Annie (Jillian Harris took it from me, Leo was also on my boy list because it's my
Poppy's middle name. I can't recycle names I hear daily on Instagram LOL)

36. Elle

37. Juniper (see Jupiter)

38. June







Post a Comment