SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 30 November 2017

Easy Christmas Card Clothesline featuring Stephanie Boutilier designs...

This is so old school Christmas décor, its practically up there with wrapping your hanging picture frames as gifts..

Look we live in a white paint minimalist world but there's some classics that should never die.. what's more important, your perfect IG photo? or those excited squeals provoked from old fashioned Holiday traditions?..

Everyone right now is like, "IG photos".
lololol.

Well, I think there's still a place for Christmas card clotheslines so I'm bringing them back!
HA, I think there's still a place for Christmas cards!!
Am I the lone card sender left standing?!?!

I will admit, I use to send cards for every holiday (Valentines, st. patty's, Easter, summer postcards, Halloween, xmas) and since having 2 kiddies that's definitely fallen short, which is sad because now is when I really should be updating friends and fam.

But I still go big at Christmas!
I'm hoping to have them out by next week, I always cheat a bit and use the kids photo with Santa as the 'family photo' now..
It kills 2 birds with one stone, pushes me to get my Santa photo done early, head straight to make copies and then there's no excuses not to get those cards in the mail.

I've also gotten lazy and switched my lengthy personalized life update to:
more or less..

All the best in the New Year!
Love, Nick Holly Elliott Noelle & Pets

but you know what..
You just admitted to skipping cards all together. so get off my back!
(I'm also lumping into our Christmas card Noelle's birth announcement. LOL)
(surprise she's cute! she's also 6 months old.)

Ok, back to the clothesline.
This stemmed off of an idea I had last February where I wanted to give Elliott a Valentine advent calendar. I strung two piece of twine low in our kitchen, found the cutest little mesh baggies and heart shaped clothespins at the Dollarstore, then filled them up with chocolates from February 1-14th.
 


This is the same concept but I will be adding cards as they come in the mail vs eating chocolates daily. Equally joyful, less calories.
 


Of course I used command strips as the anchors.
If you don't use command strips everywhere in your life, you need to start!

These were the tiny clear hooks so I could easily loop some twine around them and they're sturdy enough to support a growing selection of cards.
 


I decided to go ahead and glitter my tiny clothespins..
I picked up the clothespins at Michaels craft store FYI but the dollarstore may also carry them!
I also used twine I had on hand but any variation of string thicker than thread would probably work.
 


I had these 3 extra fine glitter from Michaels as well, so I swiped a little Mod Podge glue on the clothespins and dipped them in the glitter.

I did seal them afterward with a protective spray, also Michaels.
I just wanted to make sure I could re use the clothespins and save my floors from as much glitter fallout as possible.

Now those cards!
Eeeeppp they're just the cutest aren't they?!?!

All cards featured in this blog post are made by Stephanie Boutilier (click me!)
I am so addicted to her work, its slightly ridiculous that I bought all those cards and plan to keep them for myself. but I'm a selfish card hoarder. lol

I ordered the Christmas cards thinking I would frame them, do a little Christmas gallery wall but after pricing frames there was just no way I would want to spend the cash on a gallery wall that was only going to be up for such short term. That's when I was reminded of the Valentine advent calendar and honestly if I was investing money somewhere I would rather order more cards and ditch the frames. (but if you are rich, Christmas card gallery walls would look amazing!)
 


I first stumbled on Stephanie's work when my cousin sent me this Cape Breton Pizza card..
and I just cannot explain to you how much love I have for it.
 


I am going to frame it to hang in Elliott's room because if you are from Cape Breton (maybe New Waterford area ;)) I think you will get how important CB pizza is.

Big Daddy's pizza was my Nanny's 'The Jessie Special' and I've said before how I've brought back whole pizzas (to Halifax, 5 hour drive) buckled into my backseat.

I've also brought back those pepsi with the 'made in Cape Breton' stickers on them.
brought. back. so. many. pepsi.
just for the sticker.
(I prefer Coke honestly)
 


Anywhoo, a selection of Stephanie's cards are also available in stores:

Cape Breton -
la quaintrelle North Sydney
Farmers Daughter Whycocamaugh
Emerald Isle Sydney
Celtic Sisters Aulds cove

Halifax -
Duly noted
inkwell
Argyle fine art
Dilly Dally Coffee
Piccalily at Pete's Frootique

Dartmouth-
The Trainyard General store
The Dart Gallery

(click on any name above and it should take you to their site/address)
 



Alright its 1am folks so you know the drill, ignore grammar and pretend my jokes are funny..

But do you send Christmas cards???
I think we should bring it back big this year!
Who doesn't love a little surprise snail mail?!?!
Slice a little sliver off of your gift budget and save that cash for Christmas card stamps, I think people would appreciate the effort! I do anyway :) 

Post a Comment