SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Does your child smell?? Or am I overly sensitive..

This is going to be a bit of an off beat post but just go with it..
because I've honestly been wondering.
Does your child smell?


weird, yes.
I don't even know how to explain it really..
All I know is months and months ago when Elliott was just a tiny bambino Nick said to me
"Elliott has such a smell, can you smell it?"

Of course I acted sort of offended,
"What do you mean a smell?? He's my sweet little nugget, he doesn't smell!"
but secretly I knew exactly what he was talking about.

He has a scent.
He's not stinky.
He just has a special smell that is soooo him.

Its most apparent whenever he's been napping with the door shut, when you walk in afterward you smell that Elliott smell - a sort of hearty, spicy, boy smell.
Its not like the typical newborn smell or a baby powder scent, its 100% Elliott and unique.

That's sort of the best I can do.. hahaha
sometimes when I'm folding laundry after he's in bed I will smell his little mini outfits and the smell is there. Its like a warm baby hug.




Is this crazy???!!?
Do I sound like a lunatic??!!

If I'm being 100% truthful when Nick and I started dating (like 10 years ago)
I thought he had a smell!
It was sort of similar to Elliott's but different.
The type of smell that makes you inhale deep when you hug close someone you love.

Ok I think I've lost it..
Am I scent obsessed??
A super smeller?

Like really has this happened to anyone else??





His bedding, his taggie bear, his skin, they all smell..
right from the start he's been making his scent mark on the world.
I hope it never, ever fades.




SHARE ME :)


Post a Comment