SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 7 June 2015

Let's talk about being too faced...

That title works..
because today I'm being of two faces,
aka I am wearing 2 different mascaras and also I am going to be talking about too faced the brand.
 
If you mingled about the beauty back roads you may have heard of the mascara Better Than Sex.
Its kind of a cult classic, a favorite amongst the YouTube world. Its the first thing to pop up if you search for the Too Faced brand on the Sephora website.
 
I have always been a dedicated drug store mascara girl, now I don't mind if I get a mini high end mascara with gift of purchase or something like that but I've never purchased a high end mascara on my own.
 
Well I decided enough was enough and I took the plunge with the Better Than Sex....

For this battle of the brands I decided to face off my trusty CoverGirl Lashblast $8.97 at Walmart

V.S
 
Too Faced Better Than Sex $30.00 at Sephora


I started with bare lashes, curled then out with the wands!
I made a Youtube video of the application you can check out here..
 
 
^ Disclaimer: These will probably be my most embarrassing videos to date...
I was really tired while filming... things got kind of awkward... not gonna lie..
 
 
These photos are directly after the said awkwardness....
What do you think???
 
I know this is a very personal debate and ladies are either very for or against high end mascaras.
 
Overall I am very pleased with the Too Faced,
 
PROS:
It did add bulk to my lashes in thickness form
It did lengthen
 
CONS:
A little flakage (not major)
Harder to remove (see below video)
Price point
 
Final thoughts, I would 100% recommend the Too Faced Better Than Sex!
I think it delivered on its hype and would be a holy grail for someone with thinner, shorter lashes.
 
BUT..
For me personally I'm not sure I see enough difference to completely make the switch.
I love how easily my Covergirl removes and I can see me wearing that on the daily while throwing in the BTS for more glam nights.
 
AKA
Covergirl I still got your back girlfriend but TooFaced I'm on board for recommending you to my lash wondering ladies!
So its a WIN WIN! 
 
Now I will proceed to insert the most embarrassing video of life..
but this is a real blog, not a cool blog so I've got nothing to hide!
 
 
 
 
Have you taken the BTS test yet??? Do you love it?
Can you tell from the photo below which eye has which on it??? without scrolling to the answer.
Go ahead give it a guess...
....
.....
 
 
 
DING DING DING! Did you guess correct????
Tell me in the comments below!
Happy week everyone! XOXO
 







22 comments :

  1. The Better than sex looks really good! I'm still a huge maybelline fan and I keep trying a couple others to see if they're better but I haven't found any yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loyal to my drug store brands too!!
      Why change a good thing ;);)

      Delete
  2. Lol, you totally got me on that title!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah
      Blog post titles are one of the toughest parts!! ;))

      Delete
  3. I really want to try the better than sex mascara! Your eyelashes are sooo long!!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good! I can totally see why ladies are in love!
      My lashes are long and sometimes they get tangled hahaha
      A blessing and a curse!

      Delete
  4. How about I just trade you eyeballs? Cause you're are crazy pretty! I dream about having big, beautiful eyes. Totally stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Trisha, You are the sweetest!!
      Isn't it funny how in school kids would tease me because of my big eyes!
      Who's laughing now! ;) ;) ;)

      Delete
  5. I love too faced products and I am a repeat offender of standing in sephora at that station for eons trying everything out but I just can't bring myself to pay that much for one product no matter how good it is because I know that there is a highly comparable drugstore dupe out there! I love everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend gave me a sample of the Too Faced mascara and I really did love it! It made my lashes SO thick! But sometimes I think a fresh tube of drugstore stuff works just as well :) Both of them look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so picky when it comes to mascara. I definitely like the L'Oreal Manga mascara. I'll have to try out the TwoFaced mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! I have some simple mascaras I wear during the day and then the ones that are more difficult to remove are for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's awesome! I've got super sensitive eyes, so I rarely use mascara, but may have to give this a try for my next date night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been dying for a new mascara and I lOVE Too Faced. I'll definitely be picking up Better Than Sex zoo! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to try this...and your brows look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can hardly tell the difference. 😂 I've been blessed with long full lashes so I always stick to cover girl. 👍 I can see how high end mascara would be essential for someone not so lash blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The better than sex looks good but for me not enough to justify the price difference. Awesome post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos are so funny (in a good way). I LOVEEEE BTS mascara; it just really does wonders with my eyelashes. I find that it builds really easily on my lashes and makes them look super thick! It removes pretty easily with an oil based remover for me, as well. It's one of my favorite products to splurge on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look fantastic. I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always stuck with drugstore brands too. The too faced looks great though, but your eyelashes are super long even without mascara. Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I did guess right!! But they do look almost exactly the same (to me, lol). You look great no matter what, basically. :) I'm pretty frugal so I'd probably stick with the less expensive option.

    ReplyDelete